Scope of Services
- The MHEC provides a therapeutic environment for both voluntary and involuntary patients and facilitates a timely transfer for those under law enforcement custody to the care of highly trained, compassionate mental health
- The center provides extensive care management and navigation services , ensuring safe and timely connections to continuing care – be that extended inpatient, residential or outpatient mental services or medications, housing, food
and other social supports.
- The goal for all patients is to receive timely treatment and transfer to the appropriate level of care. The emergency center has six inpatient beds for adults for short-term stays if clinically needed. Children and adolescents needing
observation or inpatient services are promptly transferred to a pediatric
mental health facility.
Not sure if you need Emergency Mental Health Services? Call the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Crisis Services line (414-257-7222) if you experience the following:
- You have racing thoughts and are talking faster than you remember
- You feel like you might harm yourself or others You feel others are planning to harm you
- You feel unable to cope with daily problems or activities
- You hear voices others don’t seem to hear
- You feel very agitated, restless, or irrational