Beam Signing Event
Government Officials, Health Care Leaders and Community Members Celebrate the Development of the New Joint Venture Mental Health Emergency Center in Milwaukee County Tuesday, August 31 at 10:30 a.m.
Beam-signing event commemorates the next major milestone in Milwaukee’s improvement of mental and behavioral health care
What: Elected officials along with other government, health care and community leaders will gather for a beam-signing event and first look at the new Mental Health Emergency Center, the next major milestone in Milwaukee’s journey to offer more accessible, patient-centered and equitable mental health care.
Why: Mental health resources have been a top need identified in local community health
assessments for many years. And, since 2010, significant input from area residents, patients, community partners, advocates, and health care providers has helped shape the redesign of mental health services in Milwaukee County. This is a momentous occasion that marks the next major milestone in the community’s evolution of providing mental and behavioral health care.
- Bob Duncan, Mental Health Emergency Center Board Chair and Children’s Wisconsin
- Executive Vice President
- County Executive David Crowley
- Advocate Aurora Health, Behavioral Health President Pete Carlson
- Mayor Tom Barrett
- Mental Health Board Chairwoman and Mental Health Emergency Center Board
- Member Maria Perez
- Congresswoman Gwen Moore
- Mary Neubauer, Mental Health Task Force Representative on the Mental Health Board
- Alderman Russell Stamper
- Common Council President Cavalier Johnson
- Senator Dale Kooyenga
- Representative Kalan Haywood
- Senator LaTonya Johnson
- Governor Tony Evers
When: Tuesday, August 31 at 10:30 a.m.
1525 North 12th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53205
— or —
For those who do not feel comfortable attending in person, a virtual viewing option will be
available at: https://livestream.com/plummedia/mentalhealthmkeevent
Contact: Taylor Fisher, 414-635-7007 or Taylor@kanecommgroup.com